Discover Amsterdam’s highlights with an expert local guide and feel comfortable when you’ll be on your own. Ask for hints for the best time to visit museums and book a boat trip on the canals!…
Duration: 6 hours
This tour runs every day
- Tour starts at 10:00 but we may customize it if you advise.
- We meet you personally at your hotel.
- Private Tour 1-4
Culinary Workshop & Food Markets of Amsterdam
There are many ways to enjoy your visit to Amsterdam. But few are as educational and entertaining as Walks in Europe’s hands-on Amsterdam cooking workshop, led by our local guide and chef, Mustafa.
Mustafa lives in a beautiful neighborhood, and he is happy to share his home with you. Knowledgeable and passionate, he has created a unique Amsterdam experience, perfect for anyone who wants to meet locals and become immersed in Amsterdam culture.
He takes you through this fantastic experience of walking through local food markets and streets of old Amsterdam. You’re introduced to the colonial history of the city and its extraordinary cuisine. Something, maybe, you’ve never heard of.
Your Amsterdam cooking workshop starts as you walk with Mustafa through local food markets nestled in the streets of old Amsterdam. Along the way, Mustafa introduces you to the colonial history of the city and its extraordinary cuisine. Together you shop for the ingredients you need to cook a special, authentic meal as part of Amsterdam cooking workshop.
Next, you’ll head to Mustafa’s home in a charming residential neighborhood. You’ll go through the shopping and the relevant recipe from colonial history of Amsterdam before you start Amsterdam cooking workshop.
Let the cooking begin! This is a hands-on experience, with each guest playing his or her role in the meal’s preparation. Mustafa is a great conversationalist with a great wide range of interests…certain to keep you entertained while you slice and dice.
Finally, gather ‘round the table and enjoy the lunch you have helped to create. An introduction to European wine culture will accompany lunch.
- Food Markets of Old Amsterdam
- Walk backstreets and local neighbourhoods
- Do your own shopping for lunch
- Hands on cooking workshop
- Everyone will have a space to cook
- Venue is our local guide’s home in a residential district
- Enjoy lunch you’ve cooked
- Recipe is from colonial period of Amsterdam
- Expert & Gourmet Walks Of Europe Professional Tour Guide
- Only private groups of max 4 people
- Shopping for colonial lunch workshop
- Venue for cooking
- Transport back to hotel
- Drinks ( available to purchase)