Discover a very special food culture on this ultimate culinary experience. Everything you can ask from a food destination.
Duration: 3 hours
Two sessions every day:
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 13:30
- Private Parties: We meet you personally at your hotel.
- Shared tours: Acropolis Metro Station. Your guide will have a signboard that says Walks In Europe
Must-Do Tour In Athens: Culture & Food!
The Athens Acropolis Plaka Tour is the perfect introduction if you’d like to combine history, archeology, and local gourmet experiences in Athens. Our local guide is an excellent expert on Greek mythology and history, but she also loves walking around the Plaka area with our guests talking about Greek food.
You can ask her who Athena is and also how she makes dolmades at home. You have breaks to talk about Athen’s monuments, and she also guides you to a basic understanding of the Greek Alphabet. She points out the best places you can eat for the remainder of your stay in Athens after you finish your Athens Acropolis tour.
Along the way, there are lots of samples including Greek cheese, thick yogurt with honey, local wine, olives, or ouzo (oh, why not?).
We’d recommend you take Athens Acropolis Plaka tour at the beginning of your stay so that you know what to do in the Plaka area when you’re on your own. Morning departures end at a local restaurant for lunch and afternoon departures end for early dinner.
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- The Acropolis
- Athena Nike Temple
- Agrippa Monument
- Local neighbourhoods
- Real Greek food
- Introduction to Greek cuisine
- Variety to choose as you
- Samplings on the go
- Skip the line access tickets at the Acropolis
- More relaxed pace at the Acropolis
- All samplings on the go as you walk in Plaka
- Local and gourmet Walks In Europe Tour Guide
- Small groups of 8 or private tours
- Transport to/back meeting point