Visit Acropolis in a small group led by an expert guide and then discover Anafiotika perched on the hill right above Plaka and under the shadow of the Acropolis.
Duration: 4 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning departure at 10:00
- Afternoon departure at 14:30
- We meet at the Freedom Monument (Lady Liberty holding stars). Your guide will be waiting with a sign which says “Walks In Europe”
- Adult (Ages 10+)
- Child (Ages 3-9)
- Infant (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour (includes 2 People)
Heart of Baltic Capitals – Riga Old Town and its famous Central Market
Enjoy the ultimate tour in Riga to see the old town and the central market in just four hours. See all of the major highlights and walk through the famous central market of Riga to see its food culture, and try authentic samples in a small group tour.
Get to know Riga on foot and wander through the city’s scenic cobblestone streets. Explore old town to see sights that include St. Peter’s Church and climb its tower for amazing views of the city.
Head inside the Dom Cathedral and find about the Rooster legends of Riga, the Powder Tower, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, and more.
As you stroll from sight to sight, hear about the city’s past as a mighty seaport during the Middle Ages, and enjoy photo stops at the prettiest medieval landmarks, such as the Old Guild House, and magnificent House of the Blackheads. Learn about Riga’s role as a member of the powerful Hanseatic League.
Latvians believe that rooster scares the devil, and who knows, if you believe in the tales too, this is your good chance to get some luck exactly here, in Riga!
Continue to Riga Central Market which is one of the largest in Europe, located at the heart of Riga’s UNESCO-listed Old Town.
Following your expert local guide, immerse yourself in local life as you explore the lively market, learn about Latvian cuisine and cultural traditions, and tuck into a variety of local specialties like smoked meats, cheeses, herring, and hemp butter.
Get a quick taste of smoked meats, seasonal soup, traditional “pierogi” and dumplings, local cheese, smoked or pickled fish, seasonal fruits and drinks, yummy sweets, and cakes.
Learn the history of the buildings as they were once German Zeppelin’s hangars. This will be an experience to learn about the German presence in Riga, the zeppelin hangars and taste the authentic Baltic food as you go.
End your tour with enough information to be independent after the tour.
Choose to join a small group ( max 12 people ) or a private tour to visit Riga’s old town and its central market in 4 hours.
- A small group of maximum 12 people or choose to go private
- Visit Riga’s Dome Cathedral, and St. Peter’s church with fantastic views
- Visit town hall square, House of Blackheads, Three Brothers
- Discover the Swedish gate and explore old city walls
- See Riga’s castle and Alexander Nevsky Orthodox Church ( optional)
- Enjoy the walk on the Bastion hill with its artificial waterfalls and sculptures
- See the small bridges where just married couples leave their padlocks
- Hear about the city’s past, take a trip back to the Middle Ages.
- See the city’s stunning Opera House.
- Visit the Central Market. A combination of history and food.
- Take the best of the Latvian food with samplings as you go ( optional )
- Entrance fee to Riga Dome Cathedral.
- Entrance fee to St. Peter’s Church and its tower for the view
- Expert local guide for insider’s knowledge
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
- 4 hours walking tour at a relaxed pace
- Central market food and drinks sampling