PRIVATE Tour with a vehicle: Enjoy the privileges of an expert guide on this private tour of Jewish history in Riga. Visit Jewish monuments and highlights, learn about life in the city for Jews past…
Vilnius : Jewish History Tour
Enjoy a rich Introduction to the Jewish Past in Vilnius
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning departure at 10:00
- Afternoon departure at 14:30
We meet Konstantinas Sirvydas Square, by the fountain.
Your guide will have a signboard that says ” Walks In Europe”
- Adult (Ages 10+)
- Child (Ages 3-9)
- Infant (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour Min 2 people
Vilnius: Discover Jewish History
Learn about the lives of the Jews in the community of Vilnius in history and modern days. Enjoy a rich introduction to the Jewish Past in Vilnius city on a small group ( max 12 people ) or a private tour.
Meet your expert local guide to set out towards the heart of Vilnius and walk through the old town for an introduction of the Jewish history in the city.
Visit Vilnius Synagogue and start learning about Jewish history in Lithuania before and after WWII. Travel in time to Soviet times to discuss with your guide about the unspoken prohibition of Jewish religious life and constant supervision by the Soviet state security authority and how the synagogue remained the heart of the city’s Jewish life.
Continue with your guide through the Jewish Information center: a very impressive collection of Jewish history in Vilnius.
Head to the memorials of Vilna Gaon and Jacob Gens to learn about these very respected personalities of Jewish Vilnius.
Stroll the streets of Old Town Vilnius along the ghetto to see Yiddish inscriptions, authentic statues, and plaques dedicated to local Jews.
Talk about the Holocaust in Lithuania and find about its locations as you head to Zemach Shabad memorial.
End your tour with enough knowledge to be independent afterward.
- See more of Vilnius with its Jewish Heritage on a small group ( max 12 people ) or a private tour
- Learn about the history of Jews in Lithuania and see where the Jewish community lived within the city walls
- Visit the most predominant synagogues in the area and the cemetery led by an expert local guide
- Stroll the streets for authentic Yiddish inscriptions, statues, and plaques of famous local Jews
- Explore the stunning architecture of the old town and see the lesser-known monuments dedicated for memorable Jewish personalities
- Small group ( max 12 people ) or a private tour for a more personalized experience
- Expert local guide for insider’s knowledge
- 3 hours of walking tour at a relaxed pace
- Transport to the meeting spot