Music is one important key to understanding Finland and a powerful force in Finnish history. Discover the rich and unique musical heritage of Finland. Explore the city on foot with feel-good music and discover central Helsinki.
Central Helsinki Tour
Enjoy the European Capital of Smart Tourism!
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 14:00
- Shore excursions: we can customize your time according to the ship’s schedule. Please advise.
We meet at the Senate Square by the Alexander II Statue. Helsinki is fabulously accessible; if you are on a cruise ship just hop on a tram or the shuttle and avoid the shore excursion bus traffic.
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour
Walking Tour of Central Helsinki
Discover the rich cultural tapestry of Helsinki on a 3-hour walking tour of the city’s most prominent sights. Receive personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12max people.
Meet your expert local guide at Senate Square and join your small group or private walking tour to discover Finland’s capital.
Listen as your guide shares intimate knowledge of the city and the Senate Square, a significant site shrouded in historical heritage. Pass the exuberant Helsinki Cathedral, admire the classical facades of the Rock Church and the Finlandia Hall before enjoying the brightly colored houses of Mannerheim district, a quaint canal-side district.
Hear about the varied architecture, a lively cafe culture, and plethora of picturesque natural delights. Then continue through the green Esplanade Park between luxury houses and cafés in neo-renaissance style.
Pose for photos beside the Market Square, and scour the scenery for the Presidential Palace. Then delve into the vibrant atmosphere of the food market in Helsinki.
Browse enticing food stalls at the Market Square and marvel at the gorgeous architectural offerings, which include fine examples of Modernism, Functionalism, and Art Nouveau. Conclude your tour at the market and bid your guide and group farewell.
- Helsinki Cathedral: Discover the most significant building in South Harbor and is just next to Senate Square.
- Discover the Senate Square, its surroundings and savor their neoclassical architecture. See the Government Palace, the main building of the University of Helsinki, and the National Library of Finland.
- Walkthrough the central railway station that influenced Batman’s Gotham city! Visit the green oasis-styled Wonder Garden cultivated at the station, too. Remember to take photos of the famous statues.
- Rock Church: Easily the most popular attraction in central Helsinki! Enjoy the extraordinary architecture carved out of solid rock and its acoustics.
See the church hall covered with a dome, lined with copper and supported on the rock walls by reinforced concrete beams.
- Hakaniemi Market: Enjoy the sunshine at the cobblestoned market square in – the most urbane place in Helsinki. Walk the market for a break: stalls sell a wide range of seasonal produce, including vegetables, root vegetables, mushrooms, berries, herbs, summer flowers. Listen to street musicians performing in the market.
- Uspenski Cathedral: Visit the largest Orthodox church in Western Europe. Talk about religion in Finlandia and Russia’s impact in history as you walk around its golden cupolas and redbrick facade.
- Professional local guide for insider’s knowledge
- Walking tour at a relaxed pace
- Small-group tour or private tour for an interactive and personalized experience.
- Transport to the meeting spot
PS: If you are on a cruise ship, we can customize your timing. Please hop on a tram or the shuttle, avoid the shore excursion traffic and meet the group at the Helsinki Cathedral.