Music is one important key to understanding Finland and a powerful force in Finnish history. Discover the rich and unique musical heritage of Finland. Explore the city on foot with feel-good music and discover central Helsinki.
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 14:00
- Shore excursions: we can customize your time according to the ship’s schedule. Please advise.
- We meet at Helsinki Cathedral. Helsinki is fabulously accessible; if you are on a cruise ship just hop on a tram or the shuttle and avoid the shore excursion bus traffic.
Walking Tour of Central Helsinki
Finland’s largest and most populated metropolis, the maritime town of Helsinki boasts varied architecture, a lively cafe culture, and a plethora of picturesque natural delights.
The city is strongly influenced by its geography, and understandably so. Not only is it located on a peninsula, but it spans over 300 islands.
Its proximity to both eastern and western major cities has also played a strong part in the capital’s history, cityscape, and culture. Much of the activity here centers around the Baltic Sea, with tourists and locals alike enjoying boat trips, fishing, and simply watching the activity of the bustling harbor. In addition to its relationship with the water, Helsinki is famed for its architectural offerings, which include fine examples of Modernism, Functionalism, and Art Nouveau.
Discover the highlights of the city with an efficient introduction to the city on our guided Helsinki walking tour!
Walking through the city, you get a closer look at Helsinki. A century of interaction between East and West has apparently given a specific character to the city, highlighting its uniqueness and charm among the other cities of the Baltic Sea region.
Get acquainted with central Helsinki in an efficient way organized professionally by a local guide.
- Helsinki Cathedral: Start your tour from the bottom of the big steps. Helsinki Cathedral is the most significant building in South Harbor and is just next to the Senate Square.
- Discover the Senate Square, its surroundings and savor their neoclassical architecture. See the Government Palace, the main building of the University of Helsinki and the National Library of Finland.
- Walk through the central railway station that influenced Batman’s Gotham city! Visit the green oasis styled Wonder Garden cultivated at the station, too. Remember to take photos of the famous statues.
- Rock Church: Easily the most popular attraction in central Helsinki! Enjoy the extraordinary architecture carved out of solid rock and its acoustics.
See the church hall covered with a dome, lined with copper and supported on the rock walls by reinforced concrete beams.
- Hakaniemi Market: Enjoy the sunshine at the cobblestoned market square in – the most urbane place in Helsinki. Walk the market for a break: stalls sell a wide range of seasonal produce, including vegetables, root vegetables, mushrooms, berries, herbs, summer flowers. Listen to street musicians performing in the market.
- Uspenski Cathedral: Visit the largest Orthodox church in Western Europe. Talk about religion in Finlandia and Russia’s impact in the history as you walk around its golden cupolas and redbrick facade.
- Entrance fees for the Rock Church
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Transport to the meeting spot
PS: If you are on a cruise ship, we can customize your timing. Please hop on a tram or the shuttle, avoid the shore excursion traffic and meet the group at the Helsinki Cathedral.