Join a small group walking tour in Helsinki for an efficient introduction with a local guide and discover the highlights of the city center. Helsinki is the European Capital of Smart Cities in 2019.
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 14:00
- Shore excursions: we do customize your time according to the ship’s schedule. Please advise.
- We meet at the Helsinki Cathedral.
- Are you on a cruise ship? Helsinki is fabulously accessible; jump on a tram or take the shuttle to the city center and avoid the shore excursion bus traffic.
Here’s the address:
Helsinki Walking Tour & Finland’s Musical Heritage Discovery
Meet your expert guide at the Helsinki Cathedral and join a small group walking tour. For this extraordinary tour, a high-quality audio system with stereo headphones and receiver for each participant will be provided to assure good listening quality.
Immerse yourself in the inspiring world of music from Finland and forget everyday life for three hours. Listen to favorite, well-known (and lesser known) music by Finnish composers, musicians, and music groups. Learn how music is connected to history, important people, and the culture of Finland.
Explore the city on foot, see the sights, and districts as they come alive through magical, melancholic, tender, dynamic, or simply great feel-good music.
Listen to the music that has been a powerful force in Finnish history; it still shapes life in Finland today in fascinating ways.
As you listen to music, you will see: Senate Square, Uspenski-Cathedral, Marketplace at South Harbour with Presidential Palace, Esplanades, Train station, Kiasma Art Museum, Musiikkitalo Concert Hall, National Museum, Parliament Building, Art Nouveau buildings (Pohjola-Talo, National Theater), and the Chapel of Silence.
The Helsinki Musical Tour is all about enjoying the rich musical heritage of Finland. Hear the soothing sound of ancient Kantele and listen to Folk Music; also enjoy some rune singing.
There will be classical music by famous composer Jean Sibelius, melancholic Finnish tango, Pop music, Jazz, Rap, Hip Hop, Sámi Music, and world-famous Metal Rock (Hint: you can always control the volume according to your preferences).
- Unique itinerary to discover Helsinki
- Get to know the favorite Finnish musicians
- Immerse yourselves in the inspiring world of music from Finland and forget everyday life for 3 hours.
- Listen to favorite, well-known (and lesser known) music by Finnish composers, musicians and music groups.
- It’s always a small group of max 8 people or you can choose to go private.
- Learn about how music is connected to history, important people and the culture of Finland.
- Explore the city on foot, the sights and districts as they come alive through magical, melancholic, tender, dynamic, or simply great feel-good music.
A high-quality audio system with stereo headphones and receiver for each participant assures good listening quality.
- An expert tour guide on the subject
- Small groups of 8 or private tours
- Headsets and audio system for the music.
- Transport to the meeting spot.
- Drinks / Ffood