Eat your way through Kadıköy, and indulge in a taste of Istanbul’s evening life.
Duration: 3 Hours
This tour runs everyday, except Sundays
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 14:00
- We meet at the House of Medusa Restaurant in Sultanahmet
- Adult (Ages 10+)
- Child (Ages 3-9)
- Infant (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour
Enjoy the charm of Grand Bazaar
Start your walk on one of the high streets to get a feel of the atmosphere of a covered market that goes back to 15th Century. Learn about the Ottoman Empire and the local way of life today walking through a maze of 4000 shops, 66 streets, 14 inns and 11 gates.
Go beyond the standard carpet showrooms and put your hands on vintage and rare pieces available for small group tours. Relax on richly decorated bedspreads, suzani and Ottoman caftans in silk, cotton and velvet.
Visit some of the more curious corners of the bazaar, such as the money market, a dark passage where illegal but tolerated currency trading takes place between the vendors.
Enjoy a cup of tea overlooking the bazaar as you learn about the its infrastructure. Feel comfortable getting the price right which can be particularly frustrating, and learn why Turkish merchants expect you to bargain.
- Explore the Grand Bazaar with a professional guide to savour its history
- Make your way through this ever-changing maze in a small group or a private tour
- Enjoy the local knowledge about the oldest shops, exotic goods and talented craftsmen.
- Follow your expert guide as he talks about the bazaar’s intricate geography and swarming passageways
- Be shown the best stalls and merchants for your purchases and learn the art of haggling
- Professional and local tour guide
- Small group walking tour
- Transport to the meeting point