See two of the major sites in Florence: the David and Brunelleschi’s dome efficiently. Enjoy pre-reserved tickets to see the Accademia and climb Brunelleschi’s famous dome by joining this small-group tour with a professional local…
Duration: 3 Hours
This tour runs every day, except the first Tuesday of each month
- Tours leave at 09:00 / 10:30 / 13:00 / 15:00
- Tours leave at 13:00 / 15:00 on Sundays
- We meet at the entrance to the Baptistry of St. John. Your guide will have a signboard that says Walks In Europe.
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour starting from
Must-Do Tour in Florence!
Our Duomo Complex Tour covers the most predominant monuments in the heart of Florence. On this tour, we focus on the historical and cultural significance the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and the surrounding buildings have held for Florence throughout the centuries.
In the company of an expert, you’ll get priority admission to the octagonal Baptistery of St. John, best known for its ceiling decorated by golden mosaics and its gleaming bronze doors known as the Gates of Paradise. As you join other tourists in gazing at the relief work on the detailed panels, you will no doubt be surprised to learn that these are not the original bronze doors – the authentic East Doors are currently on display in the Museum.
The tour continues in the Duomo Museum, where incredible masterpieces like the gates of the Baptistery, Donatello’s sculptures, and the original dome’s wooden scaffoldings are exhibited. You could spend hours wandering through the displays, but your guide will focus on highlights such as Michelangelo’s Pietà and other magnificent works of art.
The last stop is Brunelleschi’s Dome. Skipping the line thanks to pre-reserved timed tickets, you will climb the 463 steps with your guide, whilst learning how the 150-foot wide dome was constructed 180-feet above the ground without scaffolding. Once inside you will also admire the wonderful frescoes of the Last Judgment by Giorgio Vasari and Federico Zuccari, still among the largest fresco paintings in the world!
Our tour comes with a 72 hour all-inclusive ticket to visit the Baptistery of St. John, Brunelleschi’s Dome, the ancient church of Santa Reparata, the Duomo Museum (Museo dell’Opera del Duomo) and Giotto’s belltower. The sites we won’t go in during our time together are there for you to explore at your own pace on your time.
- Duomo Square
- St. John’s Baptistery (pre-reserved tickets)
- Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral (outside)
- Dome’s climb (skipping the line)
- Duomo Museum highlights (Museo dell’Opera del Duomo)
- Giotto’s Bell Tower (outside)
- Skip-the-line tickets to climb Brunelleschi’s dome with your guide
- Pre-reserved tickets to see the Duomo Museum
- Small group of maximum 12 people or less for a personalized and interactive experience
- Expert tour guides
- All-inclusive ticket for the religious complex valid for 72 hours
- Transport back to the hotel
- Inside visit of the Cathedral