Walk the streets and piazzas of Rome as the sunset light warmly embraces palaces and fountains before night falls. Our local expert will introduce Rome’s culture, history, art and how these relate to…
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs with several departures in the day depending on the season.
- Savor coffee, gelato, pizza al taglio, bread, cheese and more
- Learn about Rome’s culinary traditions
- Indulge on mouth-watering street food and fresh local produce
- Vegetarian and non-alcoholic options available
- Enjoy small groups of maximum 12 people or less led by a local expert
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour starting from
Rome Historic Center Food Tour
Join us on a culinary journey through the historic center of Rome. During our three hours together we will be on the hunt for food havens, carefully avoiding tourist traps thanks to the precious guidance of our local culinary expert. As we savor coffee, gelato, pizza al taglio, bread, cheese and more, we will learn about Rome’s culinary culture.
During our morning tour, we will start with an espresso or cappuccino and a cornetto or other traditional sweet breakfast options. We won’t indulge at this point as this is only the start of our adventure. After learning about Italian coffee we will walk the busy streets discovering Rome’s food culture and taking a peek in a number of traditional food shops such as bakeries and delis to slowly work our way towards lunchtime. The last hour or so will be spent sampling traditional first courses in a trattoria in the historic center.
During our afternoon/early evening tour we will start with a gelato and a coffee to keep us perky and active for the next three hours. We will discuss the history of gelato in Rome and point out a few venues not to miss during your stay. As the evening settles in we will gradually graze our way through tastings of bread, pizza al taglio, and other deli products. The last hour or so will be spent sampling a traditional aperitivo in the historic center.
This tour with Walks in Europe is with a small group of maximum 12 people. Rome Historic Centre Food Tour is the perfect food tour for first-time visitors looking for an authentic food experience in the historic center, as well as a general overview of what the Roman culinary scene has to offer.
- Piazza della Rotonda for a traditional Italian espresso
- Piazza di Campo de’ Fiori fresh produce stalls and sampling some pizza al taglio and bread products at the bakeries
- Via dei Pettinari for gelato, different types of patisserie, bread, pizza and cheese.
- Via Portico d’Ottavia for Roman-Jewish cuisine at a local trattoria sharing appetizers accompanied by a glass of wine.
- Expert Walks in Europe gourmet guide
- Small groups of 12 or private tours
- All food samplings
- Transport back to/from meeting spot
We meet by the central columns at the Pantheon. Your guide will have a signboard that says Walks In Europe.