Understand Jewish history in Krakow and experience local life, upbeat cafés, and the atmosphere.
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs Tuesday-Sunday
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 14:00
- We meet at Wawel Castle main gate
- Your guide will have a signboard that says Walks In Europe. Here’s the address:
Discover Old Town Krakow
Walk through Poland’s former capital on this Old Town Krakow walking tour. Discover its history, ties to WWII where Nazis actually preserved Krakow, and its stunning architectural works like the Wawel Castle and Rynek Glowny, which you simply must see with your own two eyes.
Krakow has a large student population, so it is lively, upbeat, and full of life. It is also home to some spectacular and significant churches and cathedrals. Our Krakow Old Town walking tour includes stops at the most prominent churches of Krakow.
Krakow’s old quarter offers many things to do. Besides the castle and the churches, a clutch of excellent museums provide cultural diversion, and your local guide shares things to do on your own when your tour finishes. Downtown Krakow is great with many local eateries so your guide will recommend one so that you can be independent for the rest of your stay in Krakow.
You can continue with the Jewish District of Krakow tour if you’d like to see more of Krakow with a specialist tour guide.
Old Town Sites:
- Royal Wawel Hill
- Cathedral Church
- Dragon’s Cave
- Kanonicza street – the oldest street of Krakow
- St. Andrew’s Church
- St. Peter’s and Paul’s Church
- Royal Route
- Episcopal Palace – Papal Window
- Franciscans’ Church
- Old University Quarter
- Main Market Square
- Medieval Town Hall
- The Cloth Hall
- St. Mary’s Church
- Triumphal Gate of Krakow
- Fortifications of Medieval Town
- The Barbican
- Grunwald Battle Monument
- Scholarly and local Walks In Europe Tour Guides
- Small groups of 8 or private tours
- Admission fees
- Transport if you’re staying outside of Krakow