Visit and tour this pleasantly upbeat old town with amazing historical charm and architecture. See the most important Castles, Cathedrals and Towers of Lisbon all in one go!
Duration: 4 Hours
This tour runs every day
- We meet at the Rossio train station at 08:45 am and catch the 08:56 train.
- Please walk into the station and wait by Starbucks. Your guide will be there with a sign that says Walks In Europe
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour
Sintra: Discover Portugal’s Most Magical Town!
Hop on a train ride from Lisbon for only an hour to see beautiful and historical Sintra. It’s a UNESCO Heritage Site covered in palaces and is a romantic setting.
Perhaps the most popular reason why our clients take the Sintra Lisbon tour is to see the many palaces and manor estates that have given the town its “fairytale” reputation.
Start discovering Sintra’s romantic reputation with the historically significant Sintra National Palace, one of the best-kept where you find different building periods: Moorish, Medieval, Gothic, Manueline, Renaissance, and Romantic.
Continue to explore the mysterious Quinta da Regaleira which is another well-visited landmark, perhaps as equally sought out as the National Palace. Built in the Manueline style similar to Jeronimos Monastery and the Tower of Belem, its real charm is the towers, wells, and tunnels.
Listen to the numerous stories and legends from your guide suggesting that it was once the secret meeting place for rituals.
Explore downtown Sintra which is full of charming cafés and restaurants, many of which offer outdoor terrace seating.
You may choose to have the remainder of the day at your leisure in Sintra or use your tickets to get back to Lisbon on the train.
- Join Sintra day trip by train from Lisbon’s famous Rossio Station
- Discover UNESCO World heritage site of romantic charm in 4 hours
- See best-preserved medieval royal residences with a specialist guide: National Palace and Quinta Regaleira
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small-group walking tour of max 12 people or choose to go private.
- Entrance fees
- Train tickets from Lisbon to Sintra and back
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour of max 12 people or private groups
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Pena Palace visit