Duration: 4 hours
This tour runs everyday
- Morning departure at 10:00
- Afternoon departure at 14:30
- We meet at the Freedom Monument (Lady Liberty holding stars). Your guide will be waiting with a sign which says “Walks In Europe”. Here’s the address:
- Adult (Ages 10+)
- Child (Ages 3-9)
- Infant (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour (includes 2 People)
Heart of Baltic Capitals – Riga Old Town
Join our walking tour to explore the city with an expert local guide. Listen to their exciting secrets of the local life. If you are lucky enough, you will hear what Riga Cathedral’s walls are whispering, after all, it is one of the most historic churches in the world. When you are there, don’t forget to raise your head up, for your surprise, you will not see a classical cross on the top of the church but a golden rooster.
Latvians believe that rooster scares the devil, and who knows, if you believe in the tales too, this is your good chance to get some luck exactly here, in Riga.
We spend about two hours discovering Riga’s old town to see all from medieval to modern. Your local guide lives in Riga, they know the best places to show you and how to explore like a local.
At the end of the tour, get to know the real taste of Riga. Skip a fancy restaurant and sample the delicacies at the Central Market. These are the buildings that once were German Zeppelin’s hangars.
This will be an experience to learn about the German presence in Riga, the zeppelin hangars and taste the authentic Baltic food.
- A small group of maximum 8 people or choose to go private
- Visit town hall square, House of Blackheads, Three Brothers
- Discover the Swedish gate and explore old city walls
- Visit Riga’s Dome Cathedral, St. John’s Church and St. Peter’s church
- See Riga’s castle and Alexander Nevsky Orthodox Church
- Visit the Central Market. A combination of history and food
- Enjoy the walk on the Bastion hill with its artificial waterfalls and sculptures
- See the small bridges where just married couples leave their padlocks
- Hear about the city’s past, take a trip back to the Middle Ages.
- See the city’s stunning Opera House.
- Entrance fee to Riga Dome Cathedral.
- Expert local guide
- Small-group tour walking tour
- Central market food and drinks sampling