Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs everyday with two sessions
- Morning tour leaves at 9:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 13:30
- Nobel Museum. Your guide will have a signboard that says Walks In Europe. Here’s the address:
Hit The Streets Old Town Walking Tour
- This is the oldest public square in Stockholm. Meet your expert guide at the Nobel Museum and join your small group walking tour.
Stortorget is the central point from which runs Köpmangatan, the oldest street in Stockholm from the fourteenth century.
The city of Stockholm originally grew from this place.
Old Town – Gamla Stan:
- Gamla Stan with its unique character is one of the foremost attractions in Stockholm; we created this tour for well-traveled European enthusiasts interested not only in Stockholm’s history but also want to know more of its modern setting.
- The narrow winding cobblestone streets, with their buildings in so many different shades of gold, give Gamla Stan its unique character. Even now cellar vaults from the Middle Ages can be found behind the visible facades, and on snowy winter days, the district feels like something from a storybook.
- Visit Sweden’s national cathedral Stockholm Cathedral. It’s a medieval cathedral housing unique objects such as the St George and the Dragon sculpture.
- Visit the royal burial church that was built as a Franciscan monastery for the so-called Grey Brother monks in the thirteenth century.
- Learn about the Royal Palace, the largest of the attractions in the district, and one of the largest palaces in the world with over 600 rooms. The parade of soldiers and the daily changing of the guard is always a high note between our clients.
- Finish your tour in time for one of the change of guards and choose to visit the Palace on your own leisure.
Discover Gamla Stan, the Old Town, one of the largest and best preserved medieval city centers in Europe.
• Learn the history of Stockholm right where it was founded in 1252.
• Join a small group walking tour of max 8 people led by an expert local guide.
• Walk the old town of Stockholm: a living pedestrian-friendly district full of sights, attractions, restaurants, cafés, bars, and places to shop.
• Join the aficionados in search of handicrafts,souvenirs and curious local products
• Discover cellar vaults behind the visible facades of buildings in so many different shades of gold
• Learn about the famous Swedish people like Alfred Nobel, Frögun the Viking woman, medieval merchants and of course ABBA.
• See the Royal Palace,Parliament and the Opera House from outside
- Professional Guide
- Small group walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Transport to the meeting spot