All included sightseeing in Tallinn supported by a vehicle. Old Town, Peter the Great’s Kadriorg Palace, and Song Festival Grounds.
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs every day with several departures in the day
- Are you on a cruise ship? We are happy to customize your timings according to your ship’s schedule – but let us know ahead when you book!
- Interested in a private tour from your hotel? We can do that but specify your details.
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour
Charming Medieval Old Town Tallinn
Tallinn’s appeal is rooted in its rich history. Its UNESCO-protected old town has winding alleyways, ornate doorways, and medieval courtyards. Among Medieval Nordic cities, there’s none nearly as well-preserved as Tallinn, nor more dense with restaurants, cafés, and surprises.
Join our three-hour Tallinn Old Town walking tour to discover how kings, queens, and czars have walked the streets of the charming two-tiered city.
Tallinn once consisted of two feuding medieval towns separated by a wall. The upper town on the hill, called Toompea—was the seat of government ruling Estonia. The lower town was an autonomous Hanseatic trading center filled with German, Danish, and Swedish merchants.
Join the cool and young affluent crowd in search of foodie delights and historic settings. Tallinn old town is not all that big and is perfect for exploring galleries and craft workshops, too.
With its pastel-colored buildings all pretty in a row, Tallinn’s Town Hall Square is reminiscent of pages from a children’s fairytale book.
From fabric makers to ceramics stores, paintings and artwork to jewelry artisans, if there’s an art that can be perfected with the hands, there’s almost certainly a workshop for it in the old town of Tallinn.
Your local guide lives in Tallinn, they know the best places to show you and how to explore like a local on this Tallinn old town walking tour.
Our walking tour in Tallinn Old Town is the perfect way to explore at a leisurely pace. You won’t want to miss the intriguing details on the grand baroque buildings, crumbling stucco facades, monumental gates, and ancient streets.
- Port or hotel pick up
- Walk to the old town
- Townhall square
- Vene Street
- The oldest pharmacy in Tallinn
- Great guild hall
- Maiasmokk Cafe for marzipans and atmosphere
- House of the Blackheads
- Aleksander Nevski Katedraali
- Patkuli Viewing Platform
- Dome Church
- Drop off to dock or hotel
You can choose to have free time in old town and get back on your own.
- Expert local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off ( If you are on a cruise ship)
- Hotel pickup and drop off ( If staying at a hotel)
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour of max 12 or private tours
- Private vehicle from the dock ( you do not neet one. Tallinn is only very small. Enjoy a 10 minute walk to the old town)
Shore excursions: We pick up /drop off at the dock. Please specify ship’s details.
Private groups: We pick up /drop off at the hotel. Please specify hotel’s details.
Group tours: We meet at the Viru Gate. Your guide will have a signboard that says Walks In Europe