All included sightseeing in Tallinn. Peter the Great’s Kadriorg Palace, Song Festival Grounds, and local history.
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 13:00
- We are happy to customise your timings according to you ship’s schedule – but let us know ahead when you book!
- If you are not on a cruisehip, we meet at the Viru Gate. You will see shops selling flowers and your guide will be at the remains of the City Gate remains. They hold a sign that says Walks In Europe.
- Shore Excursions: All start and end at the dock.
Charming Medieval Old Town Tallinn
Tallinn’s appeal is rooted in its rich history. Its UNESCO-protected old town has winding alleyways, ornate doorways, and medieval courtyards. Among Medieval Nordic cities, there’s none nearly as well-preserved as Tallinn, nor more dense with restaurants, cafés, and surprises.
Join our three-hour Tallinn Old Town walking tour to discover how Kings, queens, and czars have walked the streets of the charming two-tiered city.
Tallinn once consisted of two feuding medieval towns separated by a wall. The upper town on the hill, called Toompea—was the seat of government ruling Estonia. The lower town was an autonomous Hanseatic trading center filled with German, Danish, and Swedish merchants.
Join the cool and young affluent crowd in search of foodie delights and historic settings. Tallinn old town is not all that big and is perfect for exploring galleries and craft workshops, too.
With its pastel-colored buildings all pretty in a row, the Tallinn’s Town Hall Square is reminiscent of pages from a children’s fairytale book.
From fabric makers to ceramics stores, paintings and artwork to jewelry artisans, if there’s an art that can be perfected with the hands, there’s almost certainly a workshop for it in the old town of Tallinn. Your local guide lives in Tallinn, so he knows the best places to show you and how to explore like a local on this Tallinn old town walking tour.
Our walking tours around Tallinn Old Town are the perfect way to explore at a leisurely pace. You won’t want to miss the intriguing details on the grand baroque buildings, crumbling stucco facades, monumental gates, and marble streets.
Your informative tour guide regales you with stories of past residents and significant landmarks, leading you on a journey not only through the streets of Tallinn but through the alleyways of time. You can choose to have some free time in the old town for meals or shopping at the end of your Tallinn old town walking tour.
- Walk the upper and lower old towns of Tallinn to see its medieval history
- Small group walking tour of max 8 people or choose to go private.
- Visit churches, castles, fortified city walls and the town square with a professional local guide
- All shore excursions start and end at the dock in time for your cruise ship
- Visit Dome Church and see Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St. Olav’s Church, Parliament House and enjoy stunning views from Tompea Hill
- Entrance fees to Dome Church.
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off ( If you are on a cruise ship)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour of max 8 or private tours
- Private vehicle from the dock ( you do not neet one. Tallinn is only very small. Enjoy a 10 minute walk to the old town)