Join our 3-hour Tallinn Old Town walking tour to discover the streets of this charming two-tiered city.
Duration: 3 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning tour leaves at 10:00
- Afternoon tour leaves at 14:00
- Shore excursions: we do customize your time according to the ship’s schedule. Please advise details.
- Shore Excursions: All start and end at the dock.
- Shared Parties: We meet at the Viru Gate. Your guide will wait at the remains of the old gate and you will see flower shops on your left.
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour
Kid-friendly Tallinn Walking Tour at a Relaxed Pace
We developed a more friendly tour at a relaxed pace for kids and included bit more interesting sites compared to our adult tours. Although Old Town itself is quite interesting, our additions make it easier to concentrate!
We encourage you to take this tour if you are touring Tallinn with kids.
Tallinn old town is charming with its two-tiered city. Among Medieval Nordic cities, there’s none nearly as well-preserved as Tallinn, nor more dense with restaurants, cafés, and surprises. Follow your specialist guide to discover highlights of Tallinn old town intimately with your family and enjoy the privileges of a small group ( or a private tour) tailored for you.
Get to know Tallinn’s lower town, have a break at one of the best-preserved town hall squares in Europe and walk into an ancient pharmacy.
Learn in detail about the intriguing details on the grand baroque buildings, crumbling stucco facades, monumental gates, and marble streets. For a break, we will call on the marzipan place where you can buy this delight known from the medieval times.
Once we finish our tour in the lower town, we stop for a photo at the Toompea Hill with stunning views and admire the art at Aleksander Nevsky Cathedral. The focus for Tallinn with kids will be the Upper City and the Kiek In De Kök where they’ll walk around Danish King’s Garden. This massive, 38m-high cannon tower houses an extensive museum of the town’s fortifications, weapons, and medieval-era life. Climb up the towers on winding staircases to enjoy the views of the city.
Tallinn has a slow train ride where you can choose to ride to end your tour.
- Join a child-friendly local guide to discover Tallinn old town as a family
- Highlights of Tallinn old town customized to children’s attention span
- Enjoy marzipans, slow-moving train ride and haunted fortifications
- Small groups of max 8 people for more intimate attention or private tours
- If you’re on a cruise ship, we meet you at the dock.
- Let us know your ship details and we will customize accordingly.
- Professional guide
- Your guide meets you at the port or at the hotel
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour ( no vehicle)
- Food and drinks
- Our pick up doesn’t include a vehicle because the old town is only 10 minutes so we walk and avoid the traffic, too.
- Your guide will help you into the slow train ride at the end of the tour but the tickets are not included ( because there is a variety of choice)