Explore backstreets and lesser-known Venice neighbourhoods while staying away from the crowds.
Duration: 2 hours
This tour runs everyday
- Morning departure at 08:30
- Afternoon departure at 13:00
- Afternoon departure at 15:00
- Early evening departure at 17:00
- We meet at Saint Mark’s Square by the big column with the winged Lion at the waterfront. Your guide will have a signboard that says Walks In Europe.
All-Inclusive Tour of Venice
No museums, no churches! Discover Venice on foot and enjoy a gondola ride to end.
The Essential Venice Tour is the ultimate walking tour in Venice, perfect if you only have a single day or are on a shore excursion. Spend two hours in Venice to see the major highlights of the city led by a scholarly and local guide without walking into any museums or churches!
Your local guide carefully plans the Essential Venice tour so you don’t miss any of the sights because of crowds. You’re either in a very small group of eight max. or a private tour anyway, so the experience is quite intimate.
Venice is one of the must-see destinations of any visit to Italy. This “Floating City” with its bustling waterways, beautiful bridges, opulent architecture, and jaw-dropping Renaissance artworks has been captivating tourists for centuries. It remains the highlight of any European Grand Tour. The ultimate way to explore this historic city is on a small group walking tour with one of our local Venice guides.
Venice is a water-based city and has an elevation of just 1m (three feet), so there are no hills to worry about as you stroll along the labyrinth of streets, plazas, bridges, and passageways on our Essential Venice Tour.
We make sure you visit an eye-popping plethora of marble palazzos, golden mosaics, grand basilicas, Venetian frescoes, and priceless paintings that will stay in your memory forever.
This ultimate guided tour of Venice also includes the chance to rest your feet on a 30-minute narrated gondola tour – the pinnacle of any visit to Venice.
Your local guide drip-feeds snippets of history and interesting stories about this romantic “City of Bridges.” Learn about the different sestieri (districts), meet some of Venice’s influential rulers, see evidence of its maritime past, and discover the prestigious role of the all-important procurators of San Marco.
As part of the Essential Venice tour, our professional guides will introduce you to some of the best-known sights in Venice including the Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
You’ll hear about some of the magnificent artworks that grace the Accademia, learn about the origins of Venetian masks that are still worn at Carnevale, understand how the Bridge of Sighs got its name, and stand spellbound before some of the world’s most outstanding ecclesiastical artworks.
See the splendid St Mark’s Basilica from outside, and also hear the story behind the Roman bronze statues of the Horses of Saint Mark. Then, escape the thronging crowds that fill St Mark’s Plaza and dive down lesser-known alleyways to emerge in peaceful plazas lined with faded grandeur.
Stroll along little-known backstreets of “real” Venice observing local life and soak up the atmosphere in secret tree-lined squares bordered by charming pavement cafés.
If you only have one day to spend in Venice, you won’t want to miss any of the major sights, or waste time standing in long lines. That’s where our Essential Venice Tour excels.
- Doge’s Palace ( interior not included)
- St.Mark’s Basilica ( interior not included)
- St.Mark’s Square
- Bridge of Sighs, the Marciana Library
- The Bell Tower, the Clock Tower
- Horses of St.Mark’s Square
- New Prisons
- Rialto Bridge
- Walk the back streets of Venice between venues to enjoy hidden secrets and squares.
- A private ride on a gondola, 30 min. Your guide will help you organize the gondola ride but the cost is not included due to the variety of choices.
- Scholarly and local Walks In Europe Tour Guides
- Small groups of 8 or private tours
- Transport back to hotel
- Your guide will help you book a gondola but the cost is not included because of the variety of choices.