The Fener Balat walking tour in Istanbul covers Old Istanbul neighbourhoods with character and splashes of light.
Duration: 2 hours
This tour runs everyday except Fridays
- Morning tour leaves at 10:00
- Afternoon tour leaves at 14:00
- We meet at the “Kurucu Ali Baba Kanaat Lokantası ” just opposite the Suleymaniye Mosque.
Travel back to the days of Ottoman Istanbul
We meet at the cafe just opposite the Suleymaniye Mosque which stands in contrast against the modern buildings of Istanbul. This is Mimar Sinan’s Suleymaniye Mosque built in classical Ottoman style and is still evocative of the power and splendour of the past.
Enjoy a comprehensive 2 hour guided tour of Suleymaniye Mosque and its complimentary buildings with a professional guide. Afterwards, enjoy the courtyard for breathtaking views over Istanbul and get hints for a gentle stroll around the neighborhood.
End the tour with a cup of Turkish tea and talk about Suleyman the Magnificent and the royal Ottoman family’s life in 16th Century.
*Blue Mosque is closed for restoration until May so Suleymaniye is the only imperial mosque you can visit in the area!
- Travel back to the days of Ottoman Istanbul on a 2-hour guided tour of Suleymaniye Mosque and the neighborhood.
- Discover the life of Ottomans in 16th Century and learn about mosque traditions and Islam with your local guide around Suleymaniye Mosque.
- Find out the basics of Islam and traditions on visiting mosques.
- Listen to the stories of Suleyman the Magnificent and compare royal Ottoman family to the European monarchs and find out the similarities
- End Suleymaniye Mosque Tour with free time to explore on your own.
- Choice of a private tour or a shared group of maximum 8 people.
- Local and professional tour guides.
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tou
- Transport to Suleymaniye Mosque