Tickets Included – Experience the Acropolis in all its glory with our small group or private tours, providing the perfect opportunity to delve into its rich history, remarkable architecture, and captivating mythology. Benefit from our renowned local expert guides, ensuring that you receive in-depth knowledge and insights during your visit.
Athens Acropolis and Acropolis Museum Tour
Discover the Majesty and Mythology of the Acropolis and Its Museum with Pre-reserved Tickets
Here is the Google Maps link.
- Including Tickets
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour Base price for 2 people
Cultural Guided Walking Tours in Athens
An Acropolis Museum and Acropolis guided tour led by an expert guide. Join a small group at the Acropolis metro station very near the Acropolis itself. Get to know your local, professionally-licensed guide as you go over the day’s itinerary. Start your walk right away to discover the imposing Acropolis, Athens’ most popular monument.
Ascend Acropolis Hill and encounter remarkable landmarks that bear witness to ancient Greece’s cultural legacy. Behold the grandeur of the Dionysus Theater, where iconic dramas and tragedies were first performed. Wander through the captivating Odeon of Herodes Atticus and the sacred sanctuary of the healing god Asclepius.
Reaching the summit, you’ll discover the architectural wonders of the Propylea Temple of Nike and the Erechtheion Temple. Set your gaze upon the Parthenon, an enduring symbol of democracy and Western civilization. Dating back to the 5th century, these magnificent monuments serve as testaments to the glorious ancient Athens and the Golden Age of Pericles.
Your exploration continues as you enter the renowned Acropolis Museum, recognized as one of the world’s top museums. Experience the splendor of the original masterpieces salvaged from the Acropolis temples, skillfully showcased in natural light. Marvel at the fascinating excavations laid bare beneath glass floors and walkways, offering a glimpse into ancient treasures.
Delve into the Acropolis Museum’s ground floor, where exhibited artifacts offer fascinating insights into daily life in Athens. Gain an understanding of wedding customs, beloved children’s toys, ancient healing techniques, and religious practices.
On the first floor, stand in awe before the enigmatic archaic statues from the 6th century that once adorned the Acropolis. Be captivated as you stroll alongside the majestic Caryatids and encounter monumental fragments from the Acropolis entrance.
Finally, ascend to the last floor, where an awe-inspiring view of the Acropolis awaits. Marvel at the original and extraordinary Parthenon frieze, a testament to conceptual brilliance and artistic excellence. Let the beauty of the surroundings and the stories etched in stone transport you to the heart of ancient Greece’s grandeur.
After your guided tour, feel free to stay in the museum to explore further at your own pace, enjoy views over the city, or head back up to the Acropolis and visit the Museum Cafe!
The Acropolis (2 hours)
- Temple of Olympian Zeus (We visit from the top of the Acropolis.)
- Athena Nike Temple
- Agrippa Monument
- Dionysus Theater
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
Acropolis Museum (1 hour)
- Pre-reserved tickets for the Acropolis
- Pre-reserved tickets for the Acropolis Museum
- Experienced and local Walks In Europe Tour Guides
- Small group or private tours for a more personalized experience
- Transport to/from attractions
- No wheelchairs, walkers, or elevator access is available during the tour. Please consider mobility limitations before booking.
- Baby strollers of any kind are not permitted within the Acropolis site. You are advised to use a baby pouch instead of a stroller.
- We kindly request that you arrive at the designated meeting point 5 to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Our tours depart punctually as we have specific entry times reserved for the Acropolis. It is not feasible to join our tours once they have commenced.
- During High Season skip-the-line tickets can be very popular at certain time slots which can lead to people waiting in the “skip-the-line ticket holders” queue.
Meet your tour outside the Acropolis Metro Station, opposite the Crescendo Café. If arriving by metro, take the exit for Makrygianni /Dionysiou Arepaghitou. Here is the Google Maps link.
Please go up to the street level and find the sign for “Akropoli.” Your guide will there be holding a sign with your names on it. Please be there 10 minutes earlier than the start time of the tour.