In this private Jewish history tour, get a unique perspective of the history of Tallinn. Go beyond conventional Tallinn itineraries visiting landmarks like the Beit Bella Synagogue and remnants of Jewish sites still evident in the historic center. Add on a visit to Klooga to enrich your experience even more.
Everything Tallinn Old Town and Kadriorg Palace Private Tour
See lesser-visited attractions as well as Tallinn's top sights.
- Private Tour Base price for 2 people
Old Town and Kadriorg Palace Sightseeing Tour
Meet your guide and start your tour in Tallinn, one of the green capitals of Europe due to its commitment to to environmental, social and economic sustainability. Hop on a tram and ride through the modern city center of Tallinn to arrive at Kadriorg ( 15 minutes ), where we’ll take you on a full sightseeing tour.
Admire Kadriorg Palace, designed by Italian architect Niccolo Michetti. The palace and its surrounding manicured gardens are a humbling example of Tsarist extravagance. Enjoy your guide’s expertise as you stroll through Kadriorg Park, which is the best place in town for walking, pigeon feeding, and life pondering. Some of our clients choose to return to Kadriorg Palace on their own for a visit after the tour ends.
Learn about the Song Festival Grounds in order to understand an important part of Estonian history. This sprawling event venue in Kadriorg holds a special place in Estonians’ hearts as it is the birthplace of the Singing Revolution.
After a comprehensive visit to Kadriorg, jump back on the tram and head to the old town. Much of Tallinn’s appeal can be attributed to its rich history, and the rest to its UNESCO-protected old town chock full of winding alleyways, ornate doorways, and medieval courtyards.
The old town isn’t large, which gives you enough time to both explore it fully and visit its interesting galleries and craft workshops, too. The Town Hall Square, with its pretty pastel-colored buildings all in a row, is reminiscent of something from pages of a children’s fairytale book.
Get to know Tallinn’s Lower Town, take a break at one of the best-preserved town hall squares in Europe, and explore the inside of an ancient pharmacy. Stop for a photo at the Toompea Hill, which affords stunning views, and admire the art at Aleksander Nevsky Cathedral. Your guide will point out intriguing details on the grand baroque buildings, stucco facades, monumental gates, and marble streets in the two hours you spend walking around the old town.
Afterward, you can choose to walk back to the ship with your guide (it’s about a 10-minute walk to the port) or stay in the old town to explore more on your own.
- Take an all-included sightseeing and walking tour in Tallinn
- See modern Tallinn from a tram
- Learn from a professional and local guide
- Discover the UNESCO-protected old town of Tallinn
- Enjoy Kadriorg Palace, built for Peter the Great in 1718
- Savor the intimacy of a private tour
- Enjoy photo stops at the prettiest medieval landmarks and in Kadriorg Park
- Pickup and drop off from the dock or the hotel
- Transport by tram from the dock to Kadriorg Palace, to Old Town, and back
- Professional local guide for insider knowledge
- Private tour at a relaxed pace
- Food and drinks
- Entry to/tour of Kadriorg Palace
- Private vehicle
- Are you on a cruise ship or a ferry? We will meet at the dock, so please give us your ship’s details.
- Are you staying at a hotel in Tallinn? Please send us your hotel’s details so we can organize your pickup.