Private Tour: Get a perspective on Tallinn Old Town that many travelers miss during this Jewish-history tour. Go beyond conventional Tallinn itineraries to visit landmarks such as the Beit Bella Synagogue and remnants of Jewish sites still evident in the Old Town with a possible Klooga extension.
See lesser-visited attractions as well as Tallinn's top sights.
Duration: 4 hours
This tour runs every day with several departures seasonally
- Are you on a cruise ship or a ferry? We will meet at the dock, please advise your ship’s details
- Are you staying at a hotel in Tallinn? Please advise details so we can organize your pickup ( this option is only for private tours )
- Shared Parties: We meet at Viru Gate. Your guide will have a signboard saying “Walks In Europe”
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour Base price for 2 people
Old Town and Kadriorg Palace Sightseeing Tour
Meet your guide at the dock or at your hotel to start your tour in Tallinn. It is a very manageable compact city and is one of the green capitals of Europe. Hop on a tram and ride through the modern city center of Tallinn to get across to Kadriorg ( 15 minutes ) and discover surrounding areas for a full sightseeing tour.
Admire Kadriorg Palace designed by Italian architect Niccolo Michetti: The palace and surrounding manicured gardens are a humbling example of Tsarist extravagance. Choose to visit Kadriorg Palace on your own leisure. Enjoy your guide’s expertise during the walk in Kadriorg Park which is the best place in town for relaxed strolling, pigeon feeding, and life pondering.
Learn about the Song Festival Grounds to understand an important part of Estonian history. This is the sprawling event venue in Kadriorg holding a special place in Estonians’ hearts as the birthplace of the Singing Revolution.
Once finished with Kadriorg part of the tour; jump back to the tram and head to the old town.
The second part is a walking tour in Tallinn’s old town. Tallinn’s appeal is rooted in its rich history. Its UNESCO-protected old town has winding alleyways, ornate doorways, and medieval courtyards.
Walk through the old town which is not all that big and is perfect for exploring galleries and craft workshops, too. With its pastel-colored buildings all pretty in a row, the Town Hall Square is reminiscent of pages from a children’s fairytale book.
Get to know Tallinn’s Lower Town, have a break at one of the best-preserved town hall squares in Europe, walk into an ancient pharmacy. Stop for a photo at the Toompea Hill with stunning views and admire the art at Aleksander Nevsky Cathedral.
Learn in detail about the intriguing details on the grand baroque buildings, crumbling stucco facades, monumental gates, and marble streets. We spend around two hours walking in the old town.
Once finished with the old town; you can choose to walk back to the ship with your guide or stay in the old town at your leisure. Tallinn is only very small; the old town is only 10 minutes walk to the port.
- All included sightseeing and walking tour in Tallinn
- Opportunity to see modern Tallinn in a tram
- Led by a professional and local guide
- Discover the UNESCO-protected old town of Tallinn
- Enjoy Kadriorg Palace built for Peter the Great in 1718
- Savor the intimacy of a small group of max 12 people or a private tour
- Enjoy photo stops at the prettiest medieval landmarks and Kadriorg Park.
- Port pickup and drop off if you are on a cruise ship or a ferry
- Transport by tram from the dock to Kadriorg Palace, Old Town and back
- Professional local guide for insider’s knowledge
- Small-group tour or private tour at a relaxed pace
- Drinks and food
- Kadriorg Palace indoor tour