Private tour to learn more about Estonian Jewish history. Visit Beit Bella Synagogue and two cemeteries, old town Jewish monuments and a possible Klooga Concentration Camp extension.
Duration: 4 hours
This tour runs every day
- Morning tour leaves at 09:30
- Afternoon tour leaves at 13:00
- We do customize your time according to the ship’s schedule. Please let us know the details.
- Shore Excursions: All start and end at the dock.
- Shared Parties: We meet at Viru Gate. Your guide will have a signboard saying “Walks In Europe”
- Private Parties: We meet you at the hotel. Please advise details.
Old Town and Kadriorg Palace Sightseeing Tour with a Private Vehicle
Join the group or meet your private guide to discover Old Town Tallinn and the Kadriorg area.
Start your tour with a drive to discover surrounding areas for a full sightseeing tour in Tallinn.
Admire Kadriorg Palace designed by Italian architect Niccolo Michetti: The palace and surrounding manicured gardens are a humbling example of Tsarist extravagance.
Visit Kadriorg Palace ( tickets are included) on your own leisure.
Walk in Kadriorg Park: the best place in town for relaxed strolling, pigeon feeding and life pondering.
View the Song Festival Ground to understand an important part of Estonian history. This is the sprawling event venue in Kadriorg holding a special place in Estonians’ hearts as the birthplace of the Singing Revolution.
Explore the eerily beautiful ruins of St. Bridget’s, a medieval convent destroyed in 1577 for a unique and historic experience.
See Pirita Beach: the largest and most popular beach in Tallinn and enjoy magnificent views of Old Town and the busy sea traffic on the Gulf of Finland.
Once finished with Kadriorg part of the tour; jump to your vehicle and head to the old town.
The second part is a walking tour. Tallinn’s appeal is rooted in its rich history. Its UNESCO-protected old town has winding alleyways, ornate doorways, and medieval courtyards.
Walk through the old town which is not all that big and is perfect for exploring galleries and craft workshops, too. With its pastel-colored buildings all pretty in a row, the Town Hall Square is reminiscent of pages from a children’s fairytale book.
Get to know Tallinn’s Lower Town, have a break at one of the best-preserved town hall squares in Europe, walk into an ancient pharmacy. Stop for a photo at the Toompea Hill with stunning views and admire the art at Aleksander Nevsky Cathedral.
Learn in detail about the intriguing details on the grand baroque buildings, crumbling stucco facades, monumental gates and marble streets. We spend around two hours walking in the old town.
Once finished with the old town; you can choose to walk back to the ship with your guide or stay in the old town at your leisure. Tallinn is only very small; the old town is only 10 minutes walk to the port.
- All included sightseeing and walking tour supported by a private vehicle
- Led by a professional and local guide
- Discover UNESCO-protected old town of Tallinn
- Enjoy Kadriorg Palace built for Peter the Great in 1718
- Savor the intimacy of a small group of max 8 people
- Enjoy photo stops at the prettiest medieval landmarks, Song Festival Grounds, eerily beautiful ruins of St. Bridget’s convent, and Pirita Beach.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan first half of the tour
- Port pickup
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to Kadriorg Palace
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- We walk back to the ship at the end of the old town ( Only 10 minutes)
- Drinks and food
- Vehicle is only provided during the Kadriorg part. The second part is a walking tour of the Old Town and then walk back to the ship.