Tickets Included – Experience the Acropolis in all its glory with our small group or private tours, providing the perfect opportunity to delve into its rich history, remarkable architecture, and captivating mythology. Benefit from our renowned local expert guides, ensuring that you receive in-depth knowledge and insights during your visit.
Acropolis and Athens Old Town Tour
Truly a little island in the Greek metropolis
- Private Tour Base price for 2 people
Private Tour – Discover Old Town Athens and see the Acropolis with pre-reserved tickets
Join a private walking tour that covers the Acropolis and the old town of Athens with its local neighborhoods.
The Acropolis is easily the most popular monument in Athens, join your expert local guide and get a detailed tour including the major highlights. We wanted to offer a tour with less emphasis on history but more on the local street life of Athens so that you can see the most important landmarks and also experience the local culture.
Visit the most important buildings visible on the Acropolis today: the Parthenon, the Propylaia, the Erechtheion, and the Temple of Athena Nike. Stop to take in the stunning views over Athens from a commanding point of this ancient citadel and see how the city has developed over nearly 3,000 years.
Your local guide will talk about the most famous myths of ancient Athens, its most significant religious festivals, earliest cults, and how several certain events in the city’s history are all connected to this sacred precinct.
The second part of the tour focuses on a downhill walk around the little gem neighborhood of Anafiotika. Mimicking the Cycladic architecture, with its stark white cubic houses, flat roofs, and colorful shutters and doors, Anafiotika is truly a little island in the Greek metropolis.
This unique neighborhood in the capital was constructed in the 19th century, when King Otto, sovereign of the newly established Greek monarchy, decided to revamp the new capital.
It was built by workers from the island of Anafi. Escape the crowds of busy Plaka and take in unique views of the Athenian jungle and the Lycabettus hill. Wander through the narrow streets of Anafiotika, admire the many bougainvillea-covered walls, and end your walk with a Greek coffee!
- The Acropolis
- Temple of Olympian Zeus (We visit from the top of the Acropolis.)
- Athena Nike Temple
- Agrippa Monument
- Dionysus Theater
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Anafiotika : a little gem that stays hidden for many tourists
- Pre-reserved tickets at the Acropolis
- Expert local guides for insider knowledge
- Private tour that can be customised
- 3 hours walking tour at a relaxed pace
- Transport to the meeting spot
- We kindly request that you arrive at the designated meeting point 5 to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Our tours depart punctually as we have specific entry times reserved for the Acropolis. It is not feasible to join our tours once they have commenced.
Meet outside the Acropolis Metro Station opposite the Crescendo Café. If arriving by metro your exit is Makrygianni /Dionysiou Arepaghitou. Here is the Google Maps link.
Meet next to the sign, Akropoli, our guide will be holding a sign with your names.
Please be there 10 minutes earlier than the start time of the tour.
- During High Season skip-the-line tickets can be very popular at certain time slots which can lead to people waiting in the “skip-the-line ticket holders” queue
- No wheelchairs, walkers, or elevator access is available during the tour. Please consider mobility limitations before booking
- Baby strollers of any kind are not permitted within the Acropolis site. You are advised to use a baby pouch instead of a stroller.