Enjoy a small-group walking tour in Alfama. Tour the pleasantly upbeat old town in Lisbon with amazing historical charm and architecture. See the most important Castles, Cathedrals, and Towers of Lisbon all in one go!
Explore Sintra: Guided Tour for the Highlights
Duration: 3 Hours
This tour runs every day at 09:00 and 14:00
- We meet at the Sintra train station
- Adults (Ages 10+)
- Children (Ages 3-9)
- Infants (Ages 2 and Under)
- Private Tour
Sintra: Discover Portugal’s Most Magical Town!
Discover the wonders of Sintra on a guided tour. Visit the National Palace and Quinta da Regaleira, explore the charming downtown district, and learn about Sintra’s history and culture.
Perhaps the most popular reason why our clients take the Sintra tour from Lisbon is to see the many palaces and manor estates that have given the town its “fairytale” reputation.
Start discovering Sintra’s romantic reputation with the historically significant Sintra National Palace, one of the best-kept where you find different building periods: Moorish, Medieval, Gothic, Manueline, Renaissance, and Romantic.
Continue to explore the mysterious Quinta da Regaleira which is another well-visited landmark, perhaps as equally sought out as the National Palace. Built in the Manueline style similar to Jeronimos Monastery and the Tower of Belem, its real charm is the towers, wells, and tunnels.
Listen to the numerous stories and legends from your guide suggesting that it was once the secret meeting place for rituals.
Explore downtown Sintra which is full of charming cafés and restaurants, many of which offer outdoor terrace seating.
You may choose to have the remainder of the day at your leisure in Sintra or use your tickets to get back to Lisbon on the train.
- Guided tour of Sintra: UNESCO World heritage site of romantic charm in 3 hours
- See the best-preserved medieval royal residences with a specialist guide
- Visit the National Palace and Quinta Regaleira
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small-group walking tour of max 12 people or choose to go private.
- Entrance fees for National Palace and Quinta Regaleira
- Expert local guides for insider knowledge
- Small-group tour of max 12 people or private groups
- 3 hours guided tour at a relaxed pace
- Food and drinks
- Pena Palace visit